Are you one of those people who knows exercise, some sort of fitness is good for your body, yet you procrastinate and rarely follow a regular routine? Don’t beat yourself up. Many people are in this same boat. That’s not to say, it’s okay, because exercise is so critical to your overall health and well being. As your heart begins to pound, your brain chemistry reacts almost immediately to get you feeling better both physically and mentally.
Maybe you just don’t know what kind or type of exercise would benefit you or that you would enjoy doing. If you’re someone who always goes the gym or works out at home that’s great. Many people don’t do very much in the way of exercise especially when they haven’t done it in years.
First, it’s really important to do some form of stretching and warming up. The risk of injury without stretching and warming up are quite high. Also, you won’t be able to work out as hard if you’re not properly warmed up beforehand.
Start by stretching your entire body for 3-5 minutes. Then if you have a treadmill or stationary bike you can exercise at a moderate pace for 7 minutes. If you don’t have a treadmill or stationary bike, you can walk briskly in your neighborhood, in a park, inside your house. And remember to walk up and down stairs too. And do vary your pace as well. Start walking slowly and increase to briskly, then walk slower again.
Design an easy to follow routine that helps you to stick with it. Start with fun exercises that you know you will do. Here’s an easy way to exercise that really works:
Exercise for 20 seconds doing a fun exercise that you like to do. Rest for 10 seconds. Repeat and rinse. You can do this for just 4 minutes/day or increase to 8 minutes/day. You’ll be pleasantly surprised at how well you feel, how much more energy you have, how much weight you’re losing, and how much fun you’re having once you begin doing this on a regular basis.
Another way you can mix things up is with different kinds of workout music. The kind of music you play during a workout can have a big impact on your workout experience.
Benefits of Exercise:
- Did you know that working out on your lunch break can boost your productivity for up to 3 hours following a workout?
- Endorphins increase with as little as 20 minutes of exercise.
- Exercise increases feelings of serenity and hopefulness
- Exercise increase antibody production. Antibodies are special proteins produced by the immune system to help fight viruses, bacteria, and diseases.
- Exercise lowers stress levels which triggers the release of GABA, a calming neurotransmitter. Frequent boosts of GABA builds immunity to stress, enhancing your ability to take on life’s challenges.
Are you ready to start a new habit of exercise for your overall health and longevity?
Like this post? Then subscribe and get my Free report: 3 Mistakes to Lose Fat the Right Way.